Monday, October 27, 2014

Conditions

A condition is a provision upon which the carrying out of an agreement depends. Conditions of employment might be that you must have a degree or must not have a criminal record. If you qualify in meeting these requirements, there is a chance you could be employed by the company. Most every promise in the Bible exists with conditions. 

If you exercise and eat right, your body will last longer and work better. If you don’t drink alcohol, you won’t be arrested for drunk driving. If you bathe regularly and brush your teeth, you won’t cause people to avoid you. These are all results of conditions being met.

God’s promises are full of conditions. “If my people, which are called by my name , shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” – 2 Chronicles 7:14. Here are some conditions the Lord sets before us: I will allow you to find me, if you will search for me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:13, 14); I will draw near to you if you draw near to me (James 4:8);; I will save your soul if you will call out to me (Romans 10:13)

If you want to see more on God’s conditional promises, read Deuteronomy 28. Throughout the Bible we find God saying, “I will if you will”. Be prepared to get something from God if you are willing to do something for him. If your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment